Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Julie and Julia

It's time to come clean....I have a girl crush! This is nothing new, I've had it since I was about eight years old. It's finally time to admit it...I LOVE Julia Child.
I can vividly remember sitting in the floor in front of the black and white TV on Sunday afternoons, transfixed as Julia chopped and dropped (usually something in the floor), braised and boned, stuffed and fluffed, and Lordy, how I loved it! I owe my love of cooking to this day , to those cozy Sunday afternoons with Miss Julia.
My friend Brenda and I just saw the Julie and Julia movie, and it was a complete delight. Funny. .. Touching. .. Sweet. ..Enchanting....OK,OK, my girl crush is showing again.

Meryl Streep IS Julia Child! It is amazing how much she sounds like her. And Amy Adams is a great Julie as she attempts to cook her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in 365 days. I had read Julie Powell's book and liked (not loved) it, but with Nora Ephron writing the screenplay and blending it with Julia's book on her like in France, it brought it all to life. The love affair between Julia Child and her husband Paul is a sight to behold. So sweet, so tender...I'm getting carried away again.


If you have the chance, GO SEE this movie!!! I could go on and on, but I feel the need to head to the kitchen to whip up a nice beef bourguignon.
Bon Appetit!
Reesa








No comments:

Post a Comment