Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's a grey day!

As I get my feet wet in this design blog world, I thought best to start simply. What's simpler than with the design ideas that seem to be calling my name every time I see them. The photos that always stop my obsessive page turning in a magazine. I almost called this post "The Foggy Blogger" because I am in love with the color grey! No, not a dreary foggy grey, but that soft ethereal, dreamy grey with just a touch of blue or green in it. When I say grey to a client they sometimes look at me with confusion, skepticism, or downright horror! They are afraid, they are very afraid!



I think when you look at these beautiful rooms, you will see there is nothing to be afraid of. Grey can be soothing, calming and oh so sophisticated. Of course, getting the right shade can be very tricky. Even when I try to explain to someone what color I am seeing in my head, it usually comes out like, "Oh, you know, kinda grey, with a little green or maybe blue, you know smoky, but not really smoky, with a muted undertone, but not muted but you know ......................


I finally pull out my Benjamin Moore fandeck and show them boothbay grey or horizon grey or sea star and then they get it.


The above photo from Southern Accents, I believe, is THE color for me! That indescribable blue,green,grey thing! A color close to this is Ben Moore's Saybrook Sage (not really even a true grey, but that color, kinda blue, but not... oh you know, kinda ......) I love this color so much it deserves it's own post at a later date.


Keep your eyes open. You are going to be seeing more and more grey and soon you won't find it at all scary! Just wait and see.

Reesa




No comments:

Post a Comment