Friday, June 25, 2010

Evolution of a Room… part three

Just a quick update on the study I have been posting about recently.  The chairs that were special ordered six weeks ago arrived last week.  I placed them a couple of days ago and couldn’t have been more pleased.   I have never been disappointed with this company’s quality and service.  Choose your chair…. choose your fabric… six weeks later, a beautiful new addition to your  home.  What’s not to love?

JUNE 2010 191

We chose a very textured creamy neutral with contrast welting in a chocolate brown linen.  The color is actually darker than it shows here.    It is hard to see in the photo, but the chocolate really picks up a brown weave in the fabric.  Can’t beat a traditional club chair for comfort and classic styling. 

JUNE 2010 193

This is the fabric we are using for two 20x20” pillows… one for each chair.  My client is crazy for this fabric and I think it will bring in that modern vibe we are looking for in this very traditional room.  More fun fabrics to come….

JUNE 2010 192

And, our 36” round nail head trimmed leather storage ottoman also arrived!  I have a smaller version at Perfect Home if anyone is interested.  Really a great look at a reasonable price.

blog ideas 002

This is the Flemish style open bookcase that my client fell in love with at the store.  She saw it before we ever started this room and it was love at first sight.  Not a great photo, but it is very handsome in person.  The lamp is a “no go” since she and I are the only ones digging on it, hubby, not so much.  I like the touch of fun color and style, but the search continues. 

This room is beginning to come together.  I hung a few family photos this week and will finish hanging the balance tomorrow.  We are really taking our time with this project.  I sometimes “hunt and gather”  all the elements for a room and then plan on a day or two for installation.  It’s always fun to have a big reveal of the finished room.  That said, I have really enjoyed this process of a piece or two coming in and placing  them in the room.  It’s like your birthday every couple of weeks!  And let’s be honest, that is the way most people decorate.  That’s why I am calling this series of posts, the “evolution of a room” because that is what it truly is.

Lamps, accessories and the pillows are the next steps.  Ahhhh, my favorite part ,  that last layer of luxury, the “jewelry” that adds that special sparkle.  Stay tuned…..

Reesa

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment