Thursday, June 17, 2010

What I’m Lovin’ Today

I find myself drawn periodically to certain colors and nuances in a room, over and over again.  I seem to find a particular combination or contrast of colors always catch my eye when skimming a magazine or design book.  Lately, it is always black and white.  So crisp, so clean, I never tire of this classic combo.   How about a quick look.

 

image001[1]-1

Love this!  Even though it may be chocolate brown and white… hard to tell , but let’s call if black and white, shall we?  Notice the painted bookcase and ceiling detail.

IMG[2]

Dark rich black walls with bright white doors.  Not too sure about the chairs, but love the walls and chandelier. 

IMG_0005[1]

There is just something so fresh about white sheer panels on a black metal rod. 

tv8de1_thumb1[1]

OK, not technically black and white, but loving black and tan too!

DSCN0965

DSCN0967

I even did a black and white area at Perfect Home this summer.

I did an entire post on this room earlier, I love it soooo much.  I have similar pictures to these at Perfect Home and would love to use them in this way.

gasl_mary_mcdonald_06[1]

Ooooohhhh!  Dove grey walls with black silk panels and grey and white chairs.  The jade green decorative accents are the perfect touch. 

estates-greystone-great-house-33-0309_LG-77676101[1]

OK, so maybe I’m loving black and white and grey.  This is so chic. Notice the little touches of pale blue on pillows and the garden seat.  I just received a desk {not this dressy, but similar shape}  that I can’t wait to place in a loving home.  Desks can be used in more than just an office.  I have one beside my bed.  So practical and pretty.

image

This is the photo I first ran across that inspired me today.  I’m crazy about the high contrast of all the black and white variations.  Lampshade.. check.  Pillow… check.  Throw…. check.  Ottoman.. check.  Even the nail head detailing on the sofa brings out the contrast of light vs.. dark. 

So there you have it, my homage to black and white.  Ebony and Ivory… I think there is a song in there somewhere.  What do you think, the stark contrast of B/W?  Does it reach out and pull you in, or just leave you cold?  Let me know, leave me a comment.   Just curious.

Reesa

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment