Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Evolution of a Room…Part Two

Now that prom season is behind me (year 32!!!) and my prom store is hibernating for the balance of the year, I am finally ready to get back to blogging.  Sorry for the delay on my follow up post to the study I am redesigning for a young family.  If you didn’t read the previous post, please take a look to see the before pictures and the desk that will live in this cozy room.

Next stop… my favorite design element of a room… the fabrics!  I usually start with fabrics as my inspiration.  In most cases it is the first step in choosing color, as well as, the feel and attitude of a space.  If you have ever visited Perfect Home you know that the upstairs is dedicated to my extensive fabric collection and most days I can be found there surrounded by a mountain of sample books pouring over choices for windows or bedding.  Sometimes overwhelming, yes!  Inspired by fabric… always!

Now  a peak at the choices for my study project….

misc client photos 073

accent pillow fabrics

My client and I knew we were looking for fabrics with a fresh clean feel.  Not stuffy or too traditional but with a classic look.  Understated, but with a little pop.  She was instantly attracted to the circle fabric at top and we decided to use it as large pillows in the pair of club chairs.  The loopy green and green and brown tweedy fabrics will work together to create a lumbar pillow probably for the wonderful tufted leather chair that just arrived.

misc client photos 075

These are the club chair fabrics.  The textured creamy oatmeal is the main fabric with chocolate brown linen as a contrast welting.  I think these are going to be great looking chairs in a classic, and very comfortable club style.  Can’t wait to see them!

 

misc client photos 076

And our last fabric.  This green and cream geometric linen will probably go on a round skirted table, or possibly a parsons chair behind the desk.  Not sure yet, but wherever it goes, I love it.  This is a great fabric I have used before in other color ways and it has a really modern feel without being too contemporary.

We will be working with the existing window treatments which are a neutral color in a very classic style.  Possibly a three inch banding of green linen will be added to the leading edge if they need a bit of jazzing up.  To be determined…

As you can see, only a few fabric styles will be used in this room.  This will not be a rich, layered library look (which I also LOVE), but a more subtle and youthful feel for this active young family.  Can’t wait to see it all pulled together.  Stay tuned… next time I will reveal our choices for seating. 

Reesa

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment