Friday, May 14, 2010

The Bold and the Beautiful

As I was trolling through my inspiration file I noticed something…a definite lack of color.  Have you noticed this?  So many of the design magazines seem to be obsessed with neutral…neutral…neutral!  Now don’t get me wrong, I love me a neutral room , but this is the south after all and we CRAVE color!  Lots and lots of color!  So with that in mind, let’s take a tour of rooms with at least a  shot of color to add a little spice. 

6972f0cdd7a0d2a5795d6110_L_thumb1[1]

Yellow anyone?  I think I have posted this picture before.  I don’t know what it is about this room, but it just calls my name.

16-billhuber-0309-xlg[1]

More happy yellow…. love it with the charcoal grey.

stefandisi12_thumb[1][1]

msl_1101_red3_xl[1]

ss_BKS045645[1]

Red, red, red…..yum!

Now how’s that for some color!     {images via VT interiors}

Let’s all think pink…………..

 

and blue… yoo-hoo for color!!  {images via chinoiserie chic}

I hope this happy little tour of colorful rooms brightened up your day, it certainly did mine.

Reesa

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I don't "get" the all shades of white/neutral in a home...I NEED color in my life...those rooms just look "sad" to me without color - that is okay for the "sandy beach" but not for my living room!!! Love your rooms full of color and life!!! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, Thanks! I love color too....and neutral textured rooms! That's my problem, I love it all. Thank goodness I get to decorate for others since I can't ever settle on one look for myself.

    ReplyDelete