Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BAD…BAD BLOGGER!!!

So much for my New Year resolution to blog on a regular basis.  With Perfect Home’s “Ring Up the Old, Bring in the New” Sale, and setting up for my 32nd year of selling prom gowns at Perfect Prom,  blogging seems to be the “red headed step child” as we say here in the south.

So, to get back on track I thought I would post a few pictures of rooms that I look at in my inspiration file and think… do I like this?… or does it just leave me cold.  What am I talking about?  You’ve all seen them in design magazines… the oh, so austere and icy… all white room.

Picture_1[1]

This one softened with a touch of pale grey, which I love.  But warm and cozy.. I don’t think so, do you?

Picture_15[1]

Love the contrast of the black doors, but is it enough?  I love black doors so much that at some point they deserve their own post.

Screen_shot_2009-11-18_at_11.47.18_AM[1]

Sorry, but this just leaves me cold.  No character, no warmth.  Someone just came in and set up a few pieces of furniture.   Boring!  Imagine if you added a pop of color at the windows, maybe a fresh green, added beautifully framed botanical prints and a few colorful pillows.  Much nicer, I think.

Picture_3[1]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!   Snoooooooooze!!!  What the heck is that upside down mushroom in the middle??? 

Chair[1]

Yummy chair and the mirrored cabinet is too die for.  Simple white silk panels, so elegant.  This I could live with.

Picture_4[2]

I’m afraid this light fixture is going to fall and crush me while I eat my Wheaties!!

So there you have it, a few all white rooms.   I guess by my comments you can tell where I stand.  I’m curious to see what you think.  Do all white rooms leave you cold?   Click the comment button below and let me know.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment