Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meet Modern History Home

home1[1]

Exciting new discovery at Perfect Home…meet Modern History Home.  I am thrilled to be offering a new line of exquisite accent furniture.  At the very end of my last market trip, my fella and I were leaving with sore feet and empty pockets.  As we were walking to the Marta station, I suggested we tour one more floor. (Groan, sigh)   The High Design area was just waiting for us and the first booth I saw was Modern History Home.  Beautiful, elegant furnishings to die for!   It was love at first sight!!!

MH123F01[1]

This was the first piece I saw and fell in love!  I think this will have a home in my bedroom at some time in the future.  The painting  on it is so refined.

MH205F01[1]

Luscious finish on this piece.

MH228F01[2]

Great hardware and detail.

MH209F01[1]

Look at this!  Soooo elegant with the mirrored doors and detail work.

MH078F01[1]

I can just see this nestled up to a wing chair in a study with a glass of wine and book resting on it.

MH207F01[1]

Another of my favorites.  Look at the delicate carved detail on the corners.  You don’t find this kind of detail work often anymore.

MH154F02[1]

This beautiful painted piece is similar to the offerings of Modern History’s sister company, Somerset Bay which I can also order.  They specialize in beautifully done painted finishes.  An upscale cottage/country french look.   More about this company later.

Now, the bad news first… Modern History is a higher end line than what you usually see at Perfect Home.  It is more of a design trade line and the quality is exquisite.  You definitely get what you pay for and it is investment quality furniture.  I won’t be stocking inventory, but will have a couple of pieces so you can see the quality and finishes.  They have a portfolio of their designs and the photographs are so great that you will have no problem ordering from them.  

Now, for the good news!  Because it will be a special order resource for me, I will offer it at “designer pricing”.  This will represent a 50% discount from their regular retail pricing and will make it much more affordable.  An example, most of the chests pictured will be in the $900 to $1900 range.  Trust me, for the level of design and quality in this line, this is a very reasonable price.

I am so excited to have access to such a fine line of furniture and can’t wait to order a couple of pieces for myself when I finally (hopefully) re-do my own less than “perfect home” this summer.  (More about that later)  If you are interested in seeing more of Modern History Home visit their website at  www.modernhistoryhome.com  or stop by Perfect Home to have a look at their portfolio.  Hope to see you soon.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment