Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back by Popular Demand…Lake House Part Two

Several people have asked when Part Two of my lake house project would be posted to my blog, and I finally had a chance to sift thru my pictures and share with all of you this  major transformation.  A few weeks ago I posted the first floor and now, the second.  This floor has a bedroom for little grand- girls, a large sitting room and a totally new master bedroom and bath suite. 

First, the girl’s room…

 

How’s this for a before shot?  What is this??? A beauty shop or a little shop of horrors?

If my client weren’t such a good sport, and now such a good  friend, I wouldn’t be showing you such a mess!

 

And now for the after….

 

Great little antique beds I found and had custom painted to match the bedding.

 

Love the bedding… a  Bed,Bath and Beyond find.  With three little girls sharing this room, we saved the custom work for the windows.

 

I wish you could see this fabric, it is a sheer with pink and green ribbon embroidery, layered over green polished cotton. So fresh and cute.  We repeated the same treatment across the large triple window.

This is the wall where before we had the lovely “Kut and Kurl  Beauty Shop”!!  Still need to add a few three dimensional flowers to the wall and a hanging lamp in the corner.

 

Here are the before shots of my favorite room in the lake house.  It became know as “Reesa’s Room”, I loved it so much.  The rich wood paneled ceiling did it for me… it had me at “Hello!”   This is an upstairs sitting area with balcony overlooking the lake.

 

 

Sweet old Jake again, and my client…incognito!

 

And after a little Perfect Home polish!

 

This is a hard room to photograph with the light from the french doors, but you get the idea.  There are a pair of these chairs in a really cute printed linen with bugs and leaf pattern in taupe and browns.

 

Sorry for the fuzzy photo, but I wanted to show this area which was open to a small upstairs kitchen.  We enclosed that wall and added a new master bath and storage instead of the rarely used kitchen.

This vignette is on the same wall after enclosing it.  Much warmer and definitely a better use of space.

 

Cozy sitting area with view of the lake.

Desk area, before the chocolate brown monogrammed parsons chair arrived.

 

Now for the master bedroom before…

During…

 

And after!

 

The size of the bedroom was doubled and a new stack stone fireplace added, along with a large window overlooking the lake.

Love, Love, Love the headboard.  It is an antique architectural piece I found in the perfect blue grey weathered finish.  I had it mounted on the wall and added a bedframe.  Voila!  A unique and affordable bed.   Accent pillows to come!

Unfortunately, the seating area did not photograph well because of the window. It is a large area.  There are a pair of these custom chairs in a wonderful blue, green and taupe printed linen.  We added a 36”  round custom made ottoman in two shades of soft linen.  Really wish I had better photos  of this area.  I never want to brag on my own work, but I have to say this bedroom is yummy!  Pictures just don’t do it justice.  It is so nice to sit here with the home’s best view of the lake.  Perfect spot for that morning cup of coffee.

Simple roman shades complete the look.

And a stacked stone fireplace to warm up those chilly nights on the lake.

Sorry, I didn’t photograph the master bath for some reason.  Too much house… too little time  I guess.

The second floor of this home was my favorite to work on.  I hope you enjoyed this virtual tour and will post the third floor soon.  It is the guest floor and very casual and fun.

More to come…

Reesa

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment