Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh, What a Year!

3211254437_9c83f936fa[1]

Here we are.  2009 is almost a memory now, and oh, what memories we will all have of the past year.  What a ride! 

Since we all know the past year has been a challenging one, I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on my lessons of 2009.  As many of you know, I have been in business since 1978.  First as The Wedding Belle, and for the past seven years both as Perfect Home, and my seasonal store, Perfect Prom.  I have seen lean years and lush years, but never had a year where I learned as much as the past year.  It’s amazing how much you can still learn, even when you have been around the old “ business block” as long as I have.  It’s amazing how a little common sense and creativity can see you through those lean days.  It’s amazing how much a recession will make you up your game. 

Never one to be at the forefront of  technology, this was the year I embraced  the internet!  First with email newsletters, then this blog and now on facebook.  Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks!  I have really enjoyed finding new ways to connect with customers and  trying my hand at writing which I have always loved.  I hope all of you are enjoying my humble efforts. I plan more posts on design tips and decorating ideas, before and after pictures and lots of yummy interiors “ eye candy.”  I may even do quick design tips on my facebook page.  What do you think?   Please leave me a comment on my blog (by clicking on the comment button at the end of this post) or email me if you like this direction  and add any ideas or thoughts you may have for future posts.  I love feedback!

I know this has been a difficult year for many of us and I just want to take this chance to thank all of my wonderful customers for being so loyal this year.  We may be a bit battle scarred after all the bad news of 2009, but Perfect Home is still standing… and standing strong!  And that is thanks to all of you! 

I have been so blessed this year with many faithful customers who still found a few extra dollars to perk up their homes.  A new lamp here, a pretty painting there, it all makes our homes and our lives a little richer.  You know, when it gets scary “out there” it’s nice to have a gracious home to comfort us.  Thanks for allowing me to add a little something  to your homes this year.

I especially want to thank all my design clients (you know who you are)  for the chance to work on your projects.  From a piece of furniture, painting, or throw pillow…to their entire home (or in one case, homes…bless you Vanessa!)  I have loved every minute of it all!  You have truly helped me weather the storm.  Thank you!

These last few weeks so many of you have stopped by Perfect Home for the “perfect” gift or ornaments for your friends and family.  Even though I only see some of you this time of year, I really appreciate every one of you.  Thank you  Christmas shoppers!

And last, but not least.. Thanks to my crew!  Sonia,Mandy and Paul who make window treatment magic.  April who keeps me organized and my store  in shape.  Jill who keeps all those prom girls happy and reaches the tops of displays that I can’t even touch.  Derrell who makes deliveries and lunch runs. Fuad, my fella, who’s optimism and encouragement keeps me going.  And of course, my Mom who doesn’t work many days now, but when she’s here she brings a smile to everyone’s face and can still outsell me!  Couldn’t do it without you… Thanks!

And now on to 2010… a new decade!  I don’t know about all of you, but I can’t wait to turn the page on a new year.  I’ve always been a glass half full kind of girl, but I really feel GOOD about the coming year.  Not that all the bad times will vanish overnight, but it’s time for some good news!  Time for a fresh beginning… time to hit the reset button! 

I have big plans for Perfect Home in 2010.  I’m ending the year with a “RING UP THE OLD, BRING IN THE NEW” SALE  and will be going to market mid January for all kinds of new goodies.  Of course, Perfect Prom will open again in January thru April for year 32!!! WHEW!!!  I will be expanding my design studio by offering more special order furniture , lighting, etc., more about that later…and will continue to fine tune Perfect Home’s merchandise mix to meet your needs.  I feel so blessed to come through 2009 relatively unscathed that I want to make the next decade my best ever!!!

I hope to see you all in the new year.  Whether for just a little “something, something” or new curtains, and lamps, and artwork, and furniture, and……OK, I’m getting carried away, I know!  I wish you all health and happiness in the new year, because after all, those are the two things that truly matter!

Happy New Year,

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment