Monday, November 23, 2009

Pretty in Pink

pink-living-room-0606_xlg[1]

I don’t know what’s going on lately. Maybe it’s too much rain and gloomy weather, but I find myself drawn to pink rooms.  PINK… what’s up with that?  I don’t even like pink!  Maybe it’s all the years I spent in the bridal business… too many sugary sweet pink bridesmaids dresses can turn anyone off!  But for some reason, I keep pulling pictures of pink rooms for my inspiration files.   I thought maybe I could get it out of my system by posting a few for you to see.  I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this color,  too girly, too fluffy???  Maybe just right with the addition of a dramatic black or sophisticated grey?  Click on the comment button at the end of this post and let me know what you think of pink.

 

This is more of a coral pink, much easier to live with possibly, than the pepto variety.  I know I said I don’t like pink, but my own bedroom is a soft coral with undertone of pink.  Or as my painter described it when I was building my house, “Oh, this color is like the stuff ladies put on their faces.”  Perfectly described, Mr. Painter Man!

image

Now this is very fresh and sweet.  Perfect for a bathroom .  So pretty.

 Image

 Image

Image

 

This bedroom designed by Phoebe Howard (of Mrs. Howards fame in Atlanta) is absolutely  dreamy.  This room itself could make you fall in love with pink… or maybe, just fall in love.

 

This seems to be a deep rosy pink, an unusual color I think is fabulous in this room.

image141_thumb[1]

IMG_0018MaliAzima_MeridyKing[1]

Just a touch of pink…  more my idea of living with this cotton candy color from our little girl Barbie dreams.    Next year (hopefully) I plan to redecorated a few rooms in my own home and one of my thoughts is to do my guest bedroom walls a very soft washed grey and simple silk panels at the windows in a very very pale pearly pink.  So maybe….I just thought I didn’t like pink.  Maybe we never really forget the love of shiny hair ribbons and fluffy tutus and ballet shoes long ago  outgrown.

Reesa

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment