Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lake House Project…finally!

image

I was truly blessed this year to work with a wonderful client on not one, not two, but three homes.   At some point I will show you before and afters of her sister and daughter’s homes, but for now you will just have to settle for her home on Lake Weiss. So many of my customers know I have been working on this project for months and have asked to see before and after pictures, so finally, I have them ready for a “reveal”.

Now this is not your usual, run of the mill, fishing shack on the lake, but a big ol’ rambling three story home.  This photo was taken before the old girl was looking her best.  I need to go back for an after shot with landscape in place.

 

 

image

I thought I would start with the first floor since this was such and extensive project . I will show the next two floors in future posts.  All the furniture was replaced in the great room and breakfast room, as well as repositioning and replacing the window and french doors.  New hardwood floors were added, and of course, a new color palette throughout. 

 

 

image

Ah, much better!  We replaced the leather sofa with a new more streamlined style and ordered two great seagrass and black rattan chairs.  All the fabrics used on the main floor are outdoor fabrics to stand up to a house full of grandchildren!  I wish you could see these adorable lamps.  One is metal with a fish on it, and the other is a can with min-of-bait painted on the side.  So cute and perfect for a lake house.

image

A new stone fireplace was also added…now we just need the TV.

image

Before of the breakfast nook… and sweet old Jake the dog, who LOVES to ride in the golf cart!

 image

 

And after.  I found the cutest green bench at an antique store and added stripe pillows later.   This is a wonderful distressed farm table with drop leaf sides.  We opted for no window coverings here since the view of the lake is decoration enough.

 

image

The kitchen, oh the kitchen!!!!

 

image

What a beauty!

 

image

Now that’s what I call a transformation.  A complete gut job…new everything!  The cabinets are highlighted with black that really defines the millwork.  Cute bar stools…from a top secret, very exclusive establishment… can’t divulge my sources, but let’s just say the cute fish lamp on the bar cost more than the FOUR barstools!

 

 

image

Sunroom before…

image

 

image

image

and after!  Great spot for an afternoon nap or curling up with a juicy novel.  My insider info says this will be the place  for a few rowdy card games  this fall.

And now for one of my favorite makeovers.

 

image

Gotta love  a sunburst mirror over a brass bed.  How about that nifty table in the corner?  If these clients hadn’t become such good friends, I wouldn’t be quite so catty, but trust me, we said way worse over the last few months!

image

Better, yes?  We moved this bed and chest from an upstairs bedroom and added new bedding and adorable  roman shades in a fresh spring green and white fabric that looks almost handpainted.  It was one of  my favorite fabrics in the entire house.  Somehow I missed a shot of the great black and copper distressed armoire  that the homeowner brought from another house.  It was a perfect fit for this room.

 

 

image

image

A large wall next to the armoire needed some pizzazz and this grouping of mirrors and canvas prints was just the thing.  Hard to tell here, but it covered almost the entire wall.

image

This is the first floor powder room, sorry no before shot, but just picture a sad little bathroom and you will get the idea.

 

So, that’s it for the first floor  of the lake house.  Check back soon for before and afters of the second floor….more to come….

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment