Monday, June 13, 2011

Mad for “Million Dollar Decorators”

 

As validation of my  obsession with Bravo’s new show, “Million Dollar Decorators” I couldn’t resist a post on each of the designers featured on this delightful bit of TV fluff.  I will even admit that I have watched both episodes that have aired so far, not once, but twice each!  I am smitten!

If you haven’t seen it yet, this reality show follows five very high end California interior designers as they work with clients, run their very successful businesses, and pitch the occasional hissy fit.  It is much more about their outrageous personalities than their design aesthetic, but the work is truly beautiful.  Since I am so bewitched by this show, I thought it would be fun to visit each of the designers to give you an idea of their look.  You will just have to tune in to the show and join in the fun.

First up, Kathryn Ireland. 

Kathryn Ireland

This girl is a true “broad” in the best sense.  Always carrying on about something, and obviously obsessed with bras and boobs if the first couple of shows are any indication. 

Mother to three teenage boys, her home life is pure chaos.  She is shown interacting with her family and kooky French housekeeper, Jacqueline, who continuously smokes and drinks wine, all while wearing sunglasses and a turban.  What’s not to love about that!

I attended a design seminar with Kathryn Ireland at market last year, and she seemed just the same while answering questions during the round table discussion.  Very irreverent and relaxed, she seemed like someone you would want to just hang out with! 

She is British, and that is apparent in her style, which is colorful and cozy.  Here are a few photos from her website .    http://www.kathrynireland.com/projects/index.php

Check out the crazy chair fabric.  Told you this girl was fun!

I love this bold mix of color and fabrics… couldn’t live with it, but I love to look at it.

Again, the crazy patchwork of fabrics.  The contrast welted neutral sofa is really nice as a base for all the pattern.

Now this is a truly beautiful room.

Love this too.  Blue and white, always a classic combination.

So fresh and relaxing…  I just want to jump in this bed!

This is a more understated look than previously shown, so it not all about color.  The color of the walls is a perfect shade of grey.

This one of my favorite rooms shown on the website.  I adore the neutral slipcovers {and yes, my magic upholstery man can copy this look exactly}.  The faded linen floral at the windows is absolutely perfect.  Someone PLEASE let me do a room like this for you!

I will show you the work of another designer soon.  Maybe next will be the oh so pretentious Martyn Lawrence Bullard.  Be sure to check out Million Dollar Decorators on Bravo TV , Tuesday nights at 10:00.  As for me, I can’t wait for the next episode.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment