Friday, April 15, 2011

Interesting Art Arrangements

Meg_Braff_Interiors3[1]

Occasionally I will run across very interesting ways to hang art and wall décor.  Not always do we have to follow the large painting over sofa/pair of prints over chest formula.  Now , I do love me a pair of prints hung symmetrically, but sometimes it is good to branch out a little.  How about hanging them on a window?  What a great idea!  Check out a few other art arrangements that think outside the  box.

1[1]

More and more I see the gallery  type arrangement of art which covers almost all available wall space.  I am actually  working on this in my study with pen and ink drawings.  It takes time to collect enough to make a statement, but has a wonderful collected look when finished.

3156486596_7ce47a0295_o1_thumb1[1]

Love this look even though I don’t want to be the one to have to hang them! 

5453349418_a6ee0f316d_o[1]_thumb[1][1]

Platters, plates and mirrors… oh my.  Really interesting arrangement, just don’t ask me to hang this one either.

image_thumb[4][1]

How about this?  Mirrors mixed with plates, sconces and vases.  Notice some of the sconce are on top of the mirrors.  I’ve never seen this before!   So pretty, but the room overall is a bit much for me.

image_thumb[19][1]

This is just a beautiful arrangement.  It is so pleasing to the eye in every way.  The rock crystals, the etchings on top of  script wrapped books {which I have at Perfect Home BTW} and the classical bust.  Love the sunburst mirror hung over the rectangular mirror.  This is sooooo me… just yummy!

image_thumb[73][1]

Another classic beautiful arrangement.  Symmetry at it’s best.

Hope you enjoyed these ideas of different wall arrangements.  Remember, next time you are hanging wall décor, think outside the proverbial box.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment