Monday, January 24, 2011

To Market….To Market

Jan 2011 market 035


Well, the above photo pretty much sums  up my market trip last week.  Delicious……!!!  To be perfectly honest with you, that isn’t exactly how I would describe my last couple of market trips.  Sure, I still found wonderful things for Perfect Home.  Yes, the store still looked great and I survived this economic downturn and am still going strong….thankfully.  But could I describe my market ventures as delicious,  noooo!

It seemed the manufacturers were doing what so many of us have been doing.  Sizing down… scaling back…  holding on.  But looking around the showrooms in Atlanta last week, it seems those days are behind us.  I was thrilled at all the new merchandise I saw.  The companies, it seems, are ready to be back in the game.  Many of them had a fresh new look, and it seemed a new attitude.  The same could be said of buyers, as well.  There was just an excitement in the air that had been missing in the last couple of years.  Could it be people have been so careful, so frugal, so good, that they are ready to let go!  Hope so!!!

I certainly hope so because I came back from market with orders for all kinds of new goodies.  Just before leaving I started three new design projects, so while shopping specifically for those, of course I found oodles of items for Perfect Home.  I wish I had more photos, but most showrooms won’t allow it.  Here is just a taste of what I have coming.

 

Jan 2011 market 010

 

Lanterns are still hot and this was has a zinc top and grey washed wood.  Very cool.

 

Jan 2011 market 007

Jan 2011 market 011

This was a beautiful new pottery line.  Very understated and elegant and I can just see it in a monochromatic room with rich textures, or mixed with soft blues.  So pretty.

Jan 2011 market 006

Great lamp with subtle color.

Jan 2011 market 013

Jan 2011 market 014

Spring’s just around the corner so of course, I had to buy a few birds!

Jan 2011 market 009

Love this new line of pottery with etched birds.

Jan 2011 market 036

I thought this new line of candleholders had such a wonderful patina that I just couldn’t resist them.

 

Jan 2011 market 037

Couldn’t resist this table either.  It is coming to live at my house!

This is just a taste.  I also ordered lots of colorful new pottery and accessories.  I found some really great wall décor and lamps that will be arriving in the next couple of months.  It seems that the spicy orangey reds, greens, golds and browns will be popular, as well as softer greys, blues, creams and taupes. Black and white continues to be strong, maybe even mixed with a shot of pink.  Something for everyone!  Be sure to check my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Reesas-Perfect-Home/124889707933  and become a fan so you will be among the first to know when new items arrive at Perfect Home.  More to come…………

 

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment