Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Purple…hmmm..what do you think?

Pinned Image

 

Well, for a while now, the word on the “design street” has been that purple is making a comeback.  Whether rich and regal or smoky and dusky, THEY say purple is the next big thing.  {Ever wonder just who they are?}

Now from my tone, you may gather purple is not my go to color, and you would be correct.  That is, as long as you never see my office which for some unknown reason, I painted a pale dusty amethyst color… ???!  I kinda like it actually.

keith 768x1024 Hamptons Designer Show House by Traditional Home   Take 2

eddie lee1 Hamptons Designer Show House by Traditional Home   Take 2

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike purple.  It can be sexy, moody, fresh or  fun.  Just like all of us, right?

Pinned Image

I know in my life as “prom store owner”, I’ve sold my share of purple prom gowns.

Just a little can  be just right.

Pinned Image

Or too much can be oh, so wrong…. check out those chairs!

Here are a few images of purple used in design.  Take a look and tell me what you think.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

All these photos were pulled from Pinterest.  Thank you Pinterest for making my life easier, and for giving me an excuse to prowl through hundreds of design photos, and calling it “work”!  If you don’t already follow me on Pinterest , click here: Perfect Home on Pinterest  to view my design boards. 

So, let’s hear some feedback.  How do you feel about purple?  Love it or leave it?  Let me know.

Reesa 

1 comment: