Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rooms that Thrill !!!

Why is it when trolling through my inspiration photos,  I always seem to stop in my tracks when certain photos pop up?  Instinctually, I am drawn to a look, a color, a feel.  The room above is a perfect example of this.  Every time I stop, I stare, I absorb.   What is it about certain rooms that have such an effect on me?  What style room makes you stop…take a breath…ahhhh!    I want to live here!

I think the room above has that layered look I love.  Multiple rugs on the floor.  Double  pairs  {love me a pair of anything!} of lamps flanking the fireplace. Slipcovered sofas with a casually tossed throw on the arm.  Lantern light fixture…love..love!  But my favorite is the sofa table with apothecary jars and classical bust resting on a stack of books layered over rustic baskets nestled under the table.  Such a great look!

So, that is one of my favorite rooms….now it is your turn.  Below are a few different styles of décor.  As you scroll down, just take a look and see which room speaks to you.  Don’t over think it…just absorb and react.  Go for the feel of the space, not just the look.   Leave a comment at the bottom of this post and let me know your favorite.

{all images via vt interiors here  http://www.vtinteriors.blogspot.com/}

So what style do you gravitate to?  What thrills you?  Leave me a comment to let me know…just curious.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment