Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

Oh, that rare and elusive phenomenon, a snowy day in Georgia!  What a treat to be snuggled in with a morning free, a cup of tea and a warm cat trying to help me type. ( Go away, Gingee! That’s my tea)

image

image

Love how my house looks in the snow.

image

My brick and pea gravel back terrace in a blanket of snow… so pretty!

image

BBRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

image

Gingee is fascinated by the snow, I can’t keep him out of the windows.

Since my last post was all about white rooms, and today our world is blanketed in white, and while surfing design blogs this morning, I stumbled across this…..

I thought, why not, a shot of hot pink!! 

This is the second time I’ve written about pink, and I may have even used this photo before.  I don’t know what it is, I’ve become slightly obsessed.  I didn’t even think I like this color of cotton candy, bubble gum and ballet shoes.

But I must say, I’m kinda lovin’ the sophisticated mix with black.

Or with rich chocolate brown.

 

Can’t say I care much for the scary horns on the mantle.

But the delicate pink cherry blossoms conjure up a dream of spring on this snuggly, snowy day. 

I heard that 49 of 50 states have some snow this Valentine’s Day weekend.  If you are lucky enough to be snowed in with your sweetie (and a sweet cat) the next few days, consider yourself blessed…. I know I do!

Enjoy!

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment